Applying for Affordable Housing in NYC (Brooklyn Borough Hall)
Want to apply for affordable housing but don't know where to begin?
This affordable housing seminar, offered by The Actors Fund and the Downtown Brooklyn Partnership, helps participants get organized so they can prepare to take advantage of affordable housing opportunities. The application process is explained in simple steps and helps applicants avoid common mistakes. Information regarding income eligibility, documentation, and the importance of financial preparation is discussed, in addition to information about city-wide affordable housing opportunities.
- How do you find and apply for affordable housing?
- What are the eligibility requirements? (Income, household size, credit, housing history, etc.)
- How does a housing lottery work?
- Can you get on a waiting list?
- How do you document your income if it fluctuates year to year?
- How can you best prepare yourself for an interview?
- What are your options if you are denied?
Learn about the newest affordable projects taking applications Spring and Summer 2017!
Brooklyn Borough Hall
209 Joralemon Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201