Looking Ahead is an innovative program of The Actors Fund created in 2003 in partnership with SAG-AFTRA and tailored to help young performers ages 9-18 in Southern California and their families address the unique issues associated with working in the entertainment industry.
Looking Ahead supports young performers between the ages of 9 and 18 in developing the values, skills and confidence they need to make successful transitions to fulfilling adult lives. Looking Ahead was developed in cooperation with the SAG-AFTRA Young Performers Committee.
Looking Ahead programs and services aim to build a community of support for young performers. Services include:
- Educational counseling to help create an action plan for the future
- Individual, family and group counseling to address communication, relationship and peer-related issues
- Informational and Educational Seminars to inform and educate young performers and parents about the issues relevant to their lives
- Programs for parents aimed at providing support, information and community
- Group activities for young performers to connect with one another in a supervised setting
- Community volunteer initiative for participants to identify volunteer projects and make a commitment to serving a particular community or organization
Young Performers between the ages of 9 and 18, living in Southern California, who are union members and have representation or can demonstrate two years of earnings as a performer.
For Assistance, Please Contact:
Looking Ahead Social Work Supervisor
323.933.9422, ext. 422
or visit our Looking Ahead website.