Resources | Page 2 | Actors Fund


map Arkansas Louisiana Mississippi Florida Alabama Georgia Tennessee South Carolina North Carolina Kentucky Wisconsin Illinois Michigan Ohio Virginia West Virginia Pennsylvania New York Maine Maryland Delaware New Jersey Connecticut Rhode Island Massachusetts Massachusetts New Hampshire New Hampshire Vermont Vermont Washington DC

The Resources section is an ongoing collaborative effort at The Actors Fund to provide a one-stop database of services and organizations that meet the unique and essential needs of the arts and entertainment professional. You can use the Category and/or State filter OR use the map above to find all resources by State.

Unsubsidized Housing Search Resources

Search by no-fee or low-fee rentals and pet-friendly listings with info on what to expect, understanding fees and documents.

An apartment share and roommate referral service for those seeking to live with gay or lesbian roommates in the NYC metropolitan area

Search for no-fee and brokered rentals and see detailed building and neighborhood information for each listing.

Legal Resources

Eviction Intervention Services (EIS)

EIS collaborates with housing attorneys to assist New York City tenants on a one-to-one basis, offering no-fee advice on particular tenant problems during their Legal Clinics.

Goddard Riverside SRO Law Project

Free legal services and tenant-organizing assistance for low-income residents of single resident occupancy (SRO) buildings on the West Side.

Legal Aid Society

The Legal Aid Society provides free legal services to low-income New Yorkers in the five boroughs of New York City in the areas of housing, immigration, family law, criminal defense, child protection and more.

MFY Legal Services

Offers free legal assistance and provides advice, counsel and representation

Homelessness Resources

Coalition for the Homeless

An excellent resource for information on shelter and food for the homeless, this site also includes information on how you can support the program and volunteer to help those in need.

Department of Homeless Services

If you are homeless or facing homelessness, you can get more information on your rights and services to help by contacting the Department of Homeless Services or by calling 311.