The Metropolitan Opera has contracted with The Actors Fund to provide a free, confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for Metropolitan Opera administrative employees and eligible family members.
These services are designed to provide support and find solutions to a wide range of personal or work-related problems. Whether it is a simple question or a complex problem, you can contact the Metropolitan Opera EAP 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Metropolitan Opera EAP services include:
- Short-term counseling, support and referrals to help address a wide range of personal, family and work issues including stress, depression, anxiety, family pressures, marital and relationship difficulties, domestic violence and bereavement
- Up to five counseling sessions are available through The Actors Fund. If longer-term therapy is needed, referrals may be made to a private therapist covered under the employee’s health insurance
- Assessment and referrals for substance abuse or addiction to a wide variety of treatment programs, such as detoxification, inpatient rehabilitation, halfway houses, sober living houses and outpatient treatment programs. Ongoing case management is provided to support the employee or family member in maintaining their recovery
- Information and referral to community resources for such concerns as childcare, elder care, public and community benefits, financial assistance and legal services
- Workshops on a variety of topics to assist employees and supervisors, such as balancing work and personal life, stress management, dealing with a difficult employee, etc.
- Management consultation, direct evaluation and assistance with problem resolution for troubled employees, whose problems are interfering with their ability to perform their job
Metropolitan Opera administrative employees and eligible family members.
For Assistance, Please Contact:
212.221.7300, ext. 114
For evening and weekend emergencies only please call: 646.554.5092