On May 8, 1902, The Actors Fund opened a home for retired entertainers on Staten Island. In 1928, the City of New York took possession of the property to enlarge an adjacent park.
The Actors Fund Assisted Living Care Facility moved to the former mansion of millionairess Hetty Green, located on a six-acre estate in Englewood, New Jersey. The mansion was demolished in 1959, and a modern, one-level structure was erected in its place in 1961.
In 1975, The Home merged with the Percy Williams Home, which had been located on Long Island, and the Percy Williams Wing was constructed at the Assisted Living Care Facility.
The facilities were expanded in 1988 with the addition of a 50-bed extended care nursing home. Also in 1988, the Edwin Forrest Wing was created at the nursing home after a merger with the Edwin Forrest Home of Philadelphia.
In 1993, a wing was named in honor of film and television star Natalie Schafer, who left over $1.5 million to The Actors Fund through her estate.
The Home was renamed for philanthropist Lillian Booth in 2007, in honor of her $2 million gift.
In 2009, The Home completed a $12 million renovation and expansion, adding more beds and a new rehabilitation wing.